OUTDOOR SAFETY TIPS
- Never touch a power line! Report downed power lines immediately 1-337-824-4330(Jennings Office) 1-337-598-5700(Hackett Office)
- Don't put signs or advertisements on power poles- they are a hazard and reduce the life of the pole.
- Be careful not touch overhead power lines with any materials when hauling or setting anything up.
- Never retrieve balls or other objects from substations-high voltage equipment is very dangerous.
- Be cautious of power lines when performing outside activities.
INDOOR SAFETY TIPS
- Always replace damaged cords.
- Never use electrical appliances in wet locations.
- Pull on the plug, not the cord, to unplug an appliance.
- Don't overload outlets with to many appliances
- Unplug extension cards when not in use.
- Use the correct wattage for light bulbs. Higher than recommended wattages can overheat and lead to fire.